Wednesday 14 March 2012

Interview: Maggie Li.

London-based Maggie Li is one-fifth of Zombie Collective. We love her graphic typography and cute characters. She answers our quick 10.

What is your greatest achievement?
I never thought i could make a living from illustrating, so surviving so far has to be my greatest achievement 
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it? Colourful textured bold graphics. 
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self? 
To stop worrying all the time because it turns out alright in the end

Who would you most like to collaborate with?
There's lots of illustrators I admire and I'd love to work with someone like Blexbolex. 
What is the worst job you have had?
Waitressing in a catering company for pennies
Who would play you in the movie of your life? 
Meryl Streep! Incredible lady.

What is the greatest song of all time? 
Hard question and kind of depends on my mood but 'Close to me' by the Cure always gets me going
What do you dislike most about popular culture?
mediocrity
What is the greatest invention of all time? 
it's got to be the internet. i'd be in a bit of a pickle without it.
If you didn't do what you do. What would you do? 
i used to have a big ambition to be a table tennis champion, i think i secretly still do... 


all images courtesy of www.maggieli.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment