Wednesday 24 October 2012

Interview: Zach Graham

What is you greatest achievement?
This is going to sound super cheesy, but I'd have to say marrying my wiffe. She's my biggest inspiration as well as as my best friend. If that's too sappy just pretend I said something about punching a shark in the face. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Geometric based with a vintage feel? I don't know. Anything I can think to describe it sounds super lame to me.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
I know it sounds crazy, but buy stock in Apple. Trust me. Oh, and stop attempting to 'Style' your hair ... it just isn't going to work.

When are you happiest?
I think the happiest situation I can think of would be this chain of events: Finishing a challenging design project with a positive outcome > Going skating and being able to land all the stuff I could 5 years ago > Spending the rest of the day with my wife.

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Telemarketing. Hands down the worst job ever. As if the job itself weren't bad enough the environment was the most depressing I've ever been in. My job was to call Alaskan residents and ask for donations on behalf of the Special Olympics. I think maybe 2% of every donation actually went to the cause. It was completely soulless. The one redeeming aspect was that they gave everyone 15 minute breaks every hour. I mostly used that time to chain smoke as many cigarettes as humanly possible.

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Are we talking current actors, or actors of any time period? If I can choose one from any time period, it's the 90's version of Pauly Shore no contest. 


What is the greatest song of all time? 
My opinion on that changes from day to day. However, the song I liked most consistently through the years would be 'Eclipse' by Darkest Hour. If you've never heard it, look it up, but be sure to have your speakers turned up super loud before it starts. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
So much. I guess celebrity worship is one of the more maddening things. 

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Of all time? Man ... I don't know. There are so many that I wouldn't want to be without. I guess if I have to give just one answer, I'd go with the internet. I mean, a world with no animated gifs or memes, well that just isn't a world i want to live in. 

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Probably try to weasel my way into the skateboard industry one way or another. Work in the warehouse, answer phones, who knows. It's still sort of a dream of mine to open a skate shop some day.


All images courtesy of www.theunicornkingdom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment