Wednesday 10 October 2012

Interview: Shaun Doyle

What is greatest achievement?
Creative wise it was getting my first commission as it was a real buzz. Being asked to do the thing you love and get paid for it seemed crazy!

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Graphic, fun, bold and not to be taken too seriously.

What one piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
My art teacher was a traditionalist in terms of artists she wanted us to look at. I would have advised myself to look more at what was happening in the world of art and design now, as opposed to just historical figures. I would also explore new mediums. 
When are you happiest?
Work wise - when an illustration comes together as you saw it in your head to begin with. But away from my desk stick a beer in my hand and put me with friends and family and I'll be happy.

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Working for the council before University I had to sit for hours inputting data about who had not their recycling in the right boxes. I think I lost a few brain cells over those couple of months. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Kermit the frog.

What is the greatest song of all time?
Too tough to call - it entirely depends on what mood I am in. If you gave me a week I would still not be able to choose.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
I have a love/hate attitude towards the way things happen so quickly and that in London life is so rushed. But if I had all the time in the world I know I would never finish anything. Oh and the word 'innit' 

What is the greatest invention of all time?
The Bic Biro.... black not blue.

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
If I wasn't illustrating I would still be involved in something creative. Aged 14 I wanted to be the next Neil Buchanan from 'Art Attack', maybe I would give it  a go.


All images courtesy of www.shaundoyle.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment