Thursday 18 July 2013

Interview Deanna Halsall

What is your greatest achievement?
So far it's making pictures every day and getting paid to do so. But it would be nice to think that my greatest achievement hasn't happened yet...
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Hand-drawn, textured and colourful with a nod to mid-century stylings. Oh and anal....I'm obsessed with clean lines, shapes and alignment. Part of my graphic design background I'll never escape.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Don't worry so much... it all turns out ok.
When are you happiest?
When the sun is shining, when I'm eating (particularly my fiancé's macaroni cheese), and when I'm finding a good second-hand bargain.
What is the worst job you have had?
Working in a fancy dress shop at 16. Sounds fun on paper, but I was convinced it was haunted. With hindsight I'd probably just watched The Sixth Sense too many times.
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Audrey Tautou, then I could finally live my dream of being her...even though technically she would be being me.
 
What is your karaoke song?
I've only done karaoke once. It was a duet of Never Ever by All Saints, complete with rap intro.
What 5 things can't you live without?
The people I love, Chocolate, Pencils, Paper, Sunshine
What is the greatest invention of all time?
Paper
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
This changed so much growing up, depending on what I was into. My most serious options included a Vet, a Palaeontologist (working specifically in Jurassic Park) and member of a SWAT team.... so probably one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment