Thursday 30 May 2013

Interview Karine Fortier

What is your greatest achievement?
I am lucky to be able to live my passion every day. I still have lots to achieve, this is just the beginning …
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Hum… I am not really good at describing my work, I generally show it and wait for a reaction, and then I know if that’s ok or not.  Generally people describe my world as fun, colourful and quirky. So I guess it must be reflected in my work too.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Stay curious - feed your imagination.
When are you happiest? 
When I discover a bright coloured object, a beautiful picture book or some interesting shapes I have never seen before.  At home, with the people I love, making sure they are well fed and comfy.
What is the worst job you have had?
I have had some silly jobs like stuffing snail shells for a French charcuterie or being paid to review washing powder and ready meals back in Paris (perfect when you are a student and can’t afford to buy either of them). Thinking about it now, it was all fun!
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Iris Apfel, she wears statement glasses like no others. I want to be her when I grow old. 
What is your karaoke song?
I listen to music all day long in my studio, so I karaoke in my head all day long! Right now, Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up is playing on the radio. Makes me want to dance! 
What 5 things can't you live without?
Ah, that’s easy. In no particularly order: my glasses, my fiancĂ©, cheese, flowers, herbal tea.
What is the greatest invention of all time?
Teleportation.
Ok, it doesn’t exist yet, but this will be the greatest invention of all time.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Detective or florist.





No comments:

Post a Comment