Thursday 23 May 2013

Interview Emily Warren

What is your greatest achievement?
I wasn't there at the time but allegedly Jarvis Cocker bought one of my animal heads at the end of the road estival one year. I was very excited.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
I think people would describe my work as charming and a bit strange. I make Paper mache trophy heads and draw silly drawings. I use as much as possible found and recycled materials as i believe we all need to consume and buy less.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Something always turns up. Be brave.

When are you happiest?
Seeing Bands that i love, bonfire night in Lewes, when my boy wakes up from sleep all peachy.
What is the worst job you have had?
Scrubbing the grouting between floor tiles with a toothbrush for £1.75 an hour.
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Charlotte Gainsbourg
What is your karaoke song?
The boy with the arab strap, Belle and Sebastian. ( with recorder solo)
What 5 things can't you live without?
My Family, tea, electric blanket, vegetables, Music.
What is the greatest invention of all time?
Electric blanket.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
A zoo keeper - maybe breeding endangered species and releasing them back to the wild. Realistically I would be still be a terrible waitress or a shop assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment