Wednesday 28 November 2012

Interview: Tom Frost.

What is your greatest achievement?
A year ago I would have said that it was making a living doing something I love. Now it is definitely getting our little boy Harry, unscathed through his first year on earth. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
A modern, fresh aesthetic with a nod, to the stylings of yesteryear. 

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Step the hell away from the stonewash denim. 

When are you happiest?
At the moment it is watching my son grow more and more gorgeous everyday. That and having a relaxing ale, in front of the fire, when he is finally quietly sleeping in bed!

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Saturday boy in my local chemist when I was sixteen. Just because I was wearing a white coat doesn't mean you can show me ailments, and ask me which cream I would recommend. Not for £2.70 an hour. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
A muppet controlled by the late great Jim Henson.

What is your karaoke song?
For everyones sake it would be 4'33" by John Cage.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The amount of money that is spent televising dumb, orange rich prats and glorified pub singers in 'talent' contest. I am positive that vast amounts of money could be far better spent elsewhere.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
At present, the nappy!

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Something involving woodworking and restoration. Or a chef.

All images courtesy of www.theboyfrost.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment