Thursday 15 November 2012

Interview: Budi Satria Kwan

What is your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement so far is being able to make a living by designing.

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
I think I'm a bit all over the place. My design is surreal, cute, colourful and sometimes minimalist.

What piece of advice would give your 15 year old self?
Do what you want to do, everything is going to be just fine. 

When are you happiest?
Don't know if its a bit cliché, but I am the happiest when I am alone drawing and designing. That and when I'm having a tub of ice cream for dinner.

What is the worst job you have ever had?
I did a set of designs for this company. The person who was in charge of the project was really strict, very limiting in terms of execution style and colours. They also chose an inferior idea even though I already offered a bolder solution. The pay was good though. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Squidward Tentacles.

What is your karaoke song?
Sadly, I do not karaoke.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
I have no dislike about pop culture. It defines a generation. 

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Internet. 

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Probably sell ice cream. 

All images courtesy of www.budikwan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment