Wednesday 13 June 2012

Interview: Victoria Fernández


What is your greatest achievement?
Besides making a living from drawing..... Making children smile from my work! Once I went to a friends house and caught her little girl laughing and dancing while watching a spot I did for Nick Jr.

How would you describe your work/style?
Colours are really important, angles rather than curves and animals rather than people. It's mostly about characters and feelings.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Go to Art School instead of doing Communication Studies. Also eat more fruits. 

When are you happiest?
Autumn, in love, Saturday morning after a hardworking but brilliant week, brunch and talking over tea about our wonderful/crappy world. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
My best friend and I once worked in a lawyers firm organising files. We didn't get paid much and had to dress very smart. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Mmmmm.... hahahaha Julia Louis-Dreyfus.



What is the greatest song of all time? 
Of all time? Wow that's difficult... 'Blister in the Sun' by Violent Femmes always fits me well. However, the same happens with 'Fever' by Elvis and 'All of Me' by Billie Holiday.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
3D neon glowing aesthetic, being super skinny, Reggaeton music and people using their smart phones while having a conversation with you. 

What is the greatest invention of all time? 
The Internet. I've lived in different countries throughout my twenties and the Internet has let e keep in touch with my friends and family, educated me, kept me amused and a lot more. It also let's me work no matter where I am. 

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
Be a nurse or work at a zoo. 


All images courtesy of www.victoriafernandez.me

No comments:

Post a Comment