Thursday 30 January 2014

Interview with Andrew Lyons

What is your greatest achievement?
I think just being able to earn a living doing something that I love is my greatest achievement. It’s not something that everyone is able to do so I feel lucky for that, I still pinch myself sometimes.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Difficult question! I’m really unsure how to describe my work. Maybe as… Hergé inspired comic style figures living in geometric, abstracted landscapes?
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
I was a very quiet 15 year old, so I’d tell myself to get outside and have some fun! I’d also recommend studying Illustration instead of Fine Art, that would have saved me years of wondering what to do with myself.
When are you happiest?
When I’m with my three children, watching them draw and listening to them tell me stories. 
What is the worst job you have had?
I’ve worked nightshifts on assembly lines where you’d watch the clock all night. Not much fun, but the worst was working in Macdonalds for a year. I wouldn’t want to do that again. 
Who would play you in the movie of your life? 
I guess I’d pick David Schwimmer. He’s seems a bit geeky and awkward like me.
What is your karaoke song?
I’ve only sung Karaoke once where I sang ‘King of the Road’ in a bar in Great Yarmouth. So that’d be my song. 
What 5 things can't you live without?
My mandolin. My iPad. I also have a grey bag over my shoulder where ever I go to carry important things. A cup of Earl grey tea. Finally, my agents Handsome Frank because they are ace. 
What is the greatest invention of all time? 
I’m going to have to say the Internet. It’s just mind glowingly amazing. I love how some much information is available at the touch of a button. 
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I can’t imagine doing anything else other than drawing pictures. I think that I’ll always be doing this, even if one day they stop paying me to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment