Wednesday 19 December 2012

Interview: Jon May

What is your greatest achievement?
I'm quite pleased with my recent batch of home made ale, it's surprisingly tasty. Besides that getting a commission from the other side of the world off the back of a personal project was pretty amazing. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
I'm enjoying experimenting with old fashioned type and lettering so there's quite a bit of that going on right now. 

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Smoking is not cool young man, and the world will not end in 1999. Buy shares in Apple or Google. Believe in yourself.

When are you happiest?
Setting off on an adventure, eating a rare rib-eye steak with chips and salad, riding my bike on the South Downs and spending time with my girlfriend. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Working as a waiter at a popular bar on Brighton seafront was a fairly thankless task. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Daniel Day Lewis, he's pretty versatile right.


What is your karaoke song?
After a Christmas works do at Lucky Voice, I discovered I was allergic karaoke. Or just crap. If pushed it would have to be something by Paul Simon, probably 'You Can Call Me Al'. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The blind fascination with celebrity.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Electricity is pretty useful. 

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I'm sure I'd find something. 
All images courtesy of www.jon-may.com

No comments:

Post a Comment