Wednesday 18 April 2012

Interview: Thereza Rowe.

Thereza Rowe is a London-based illustrator and graphic designer. Her designs are bright, happy and often feature stylised creatures. She was kind enough to take a few minutes to answer our quick 10.   

What is your greatest achievement?
I guess it's feeling comfortable and happy with where I'm at in my life right now, bother personally and professionally. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Playful, fun, happy.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
It's ok to be a space cadet. 

Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Penguin! Doing a set of classic book covers would be ace. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
To be honest I don't think I've ever had a bad job. Surreal ones, yeah. Like when I worked at Southampton Guildhall and for a couple of evenings I was picked to be Derek Acorah's mic holder whilst he claimed to be talking to Rusty, this poor lady's dead dog. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
As long as the movie was directed by Pedro Almodovar, I'd just let him do the casting. I love pretty much all of his actresses.

 What is the greatest song of all time? 
'Close to you' by The Carpenters. "Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near" awww... but then there's Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen... Oh well, it depends what mood I'm in. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Too many social networks. I can't keep up.

What is the greatest achievement of all time? 
Nutella. 

If you didn't do what you do what would you do?
Feed Unicorns. 

All images courtesy of therezarowe.com



No comments:

Post a Comment